Spectre are in an exciting position and are looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join their award winning* team.
We're turning the world of property upside-down, one product at a time. We launched in 2016 with our flagship product Spectre, which generates personalised targeted-marketing for Estate Agents. Software in the property industry is notoriously outdated, and we are looking to seize the moment. With a number of exciting new products in the pipeline, we are looking for a talented and ambitious candidate to join the team for this adventure.
Located in the heart of the city-centre, this is a golden opportunity for someone who wants to leave their mark, and be a part of something special.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Help design the user interface and user experience for an exciting greenfield project
- Help build upon the good work to continue the adoption of best practices throughout the team
- Focus on ensuring consistency across our web applications and care about our users
*Winner of Tech Company of the Year (under 5M) - Prolific North Tech Awards
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or related field OR equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 3 years UX/UI Design experience
- Familiarity with end to end design processes such as storyboarding, user research, wireframes and prototypes
- Strong design portfolio, either of client or personal projects and must include current responsive web design projects
- Ability to prototype designs in HTML/CSS/JS from scratch
- Experience using design programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Figma or similar
- Proactive team member with a desire to make a positive difference through your work
- Care about quality and delivering successful projects into production
- You are enthusiastic about our mission to change the property industry: creating the software that property professionals dream of and that home-movers love
- Being part of a creative, collaborative, multidisciplinary team, in a fast growing business.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Guilt-free R&R - Spectre will pay £1,000 towards a holiday after your first year with them (we'll even cover the tax!)
- Your birthday on us - we pay, you stay away
- 'Give something back' - 2 paid days volunteering on us
- Fully stocked office fridge - free drinks and Friday afternoon beers
- Company and team off sites, events and happy hours
- Chance to work with cutting edge technology
Salary range: £40-50k dependent on experience. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know.
We care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and be able to perform the work specified (any recruiters will blacklisted and we will not be liable for any fees from unsolicited email introductions).