Senior PHP Developer
Spectre are in an exciting position and are looking for an experienced PHP Developer to join their friendly team.
We're turning the world of property upside-down, one product at a time. We launched in 2016 with our flagship product Spectre, which generates personalised-targeted-marketing for Estate Agents. Software in the property industry is notoriously outdated, and we are looking to seize the moment. With a number of exciting new products in the pipeline, we are looking for an additional team member for this adventure.
Located in the heart of the city-centre, this is a golden opportunity for someone who wants to leave their mark, and be a part of something special.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Help improve our current products whilst designing and building new greenfield projects
- Help build upon the good work to continue the adoption of best practices throughout the team
- Focus on ensuring consistency across our web applications and care about our users
- Proven software development experience with PHP (5.x, 7.x)
- Experience using Linux
- Understanding of MVC and object-oriented concepts
- Experience using version control, specifically Github
- Proactive team member with a desire to make a positive difference through your work
- Care about quality and delivering successful projects into production
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- You are enthusiastic about our mission to change the property industry: creating the software that property professionals dream of and that home-movers benefit from
Ideally, you would have:
- Laravel experience
- Experience working on a SaaS product and/or an in-house software team
- Experience of an agile working environment
- Experience using workflow software such as Jira
- An understanding of both consuming and building APIs; particularly REST
- TDD experience, specifically using PHPUnit
- Being part of a creative, collaborative, multidisciplinary team, in a fast growing business.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- The Develop Squared Fund - A proportion of our group revenue is set aside each month to be spend on developing our developers. The fund is administered by the team and can be spent on conferences, training courses etc.
- Being in a culture that values learning, sharing and growing together
- Guilt-free R&R - Spectre will pay £1,000 towards a holiday after your first year with them (we'll even cover the tax!)
- Your birthday on us - we pay, you stay away
- 'Give something back' - 2 paid days volunteering on us
- Fully stocked office fridge - free drinks and Friday afternoon beers
- Company and team off sites, events and happy hours
- Chance to work with cutting edge technology
- Brand new offices
Salary range: £35-50k dependent on experience. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know.
We care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and be able to perform the work specified (any recruiters will blacklisted).